An Out of Gauge (OOG) Industrial boiler for thermotechnology
Lack of planning, precision, and visibility on the execution from previous logistics providers have resulted in mistrust in handling special projects. We needed to design and execute a flawless plan.
Origin and destination
Germany to Veracruz and to Guadalajara (both in Mexico), door to door.
43-ton and 4.40 meters high
Operation results and highlights
This project success is the result of superb collaboration among our xpd global teams in Germany and Mexico.
Rigorous route surveys and feasibility examinations ensured the secure transport from the factory to the port in Germany, and subsequently from the port to the ultimate destination in Mexico.
In Germany, our team calculated how wide and resistant some bridges – and regular roads asphalt resistance, too – were and had the support of local authorities to move traffic lights.
And, above all, maintaining visibility across all operational milestones was crucial to provide peace of mind to our customer.
Operation at origin
Operation at destination
- The thermotechnology division of a leading global supplier of technology and services stated in 1886 in Stuttgart, Germany, with current operations divided into four business sectors: Mobility, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
- A 100% Mexican pharmaceutical company, with almost 80 years of history developing products and comprehensive services for the public and private health segments in Mexico, the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Transporting oversized cargo is a great challenge not only due to the difficulty in finding adequate space in international transport modes, but also for all the planning and preliminary preparations to ensure the success of the project.
Our clients needed accurate advisory and planning on:
- The best roads to move the cargo, ensuring fast and safe transport complying with legal requirements.
- Warehousing between locations.
- Equipment in each site (finding the right -and available- cranes, for instance).
All of the above with full cargo visibility and personalized attention – one of our main market differentiations.
Expertise in project cargo isn’t a commodity you can buy in a shop.
We, from xpd global, offer as a market differentiator the ability of designed tailored plans – and the ones we build for Project Cargo are even more specific for its magnitude.
Our experienced teams understand the limits and possibilities inherent in plans of this nature. We have established connections with terminals, warehouses, shipping lines and all the necessary parties to provide the right equipment for each project to succeed and we can deliver it safely and on time.
Above all technical details, our main differentiation here was related to trust, knowledge, and communications.
Our teams in Mexico and Germany knew each other in person, knew each other capabilities and were able to talk fluently to design -and execute- the whole plan, hand in hand with the customers, who had 360° visibility all the way, and the same service level in both countries.
Our logistic developers build personalized processes and standard operational procedures (SOPs) and our operational teams offered support in each step, and no detail was underestimated.
xpd global, your best strategic partner in Industrial Projects
More than a team of experts in project cargo (over-dimensioned cargo), we have those specialists in several countries, what enable us to be there for you from the shipper to the consignee, even if they are in different continents, such as in this case study.
“We are glocal; our teams have global reach with that local attention, that ability to understand your market and talk your language that makes all the difference in complex movements such as this”, says Daniela Gutiérrez, Senior KAM from xpd global Mexico.
“Knowing the roads, the ports and the airports’ infrastructures are all part of a chain of important links that enable us to design tailored plans that take into account all the equipment, permits and other documents necessary to move this type of cargo”, says Annet Brinkmann, Business Development Analyst from xpd global Germany.
We work to be your strategic partner in logistics. Partnering with us to handle your most complex project cargo you’ll get:
- xpd global own teams in 30 countries, with presence throughout Latin America, Europe, and Asia
- Specialized consulting in complex logistic projects
- Resource planning & budget calculations
- On-site surveys, route planning and feasibility studies
- Special cranes, lifting calculations and planning
- Cargo insurance
- Customs clearance & documentation
- Surveyors network
- Infrastructure damage prevention plans
- And more.
Let us know your most specific needs and we’ll show you can we can do.
We are xpd global | your strategic partner in time-sensitive logistics and industrial projects.
xpd global talents that made this project happen